Kiln-fired Glass Painting Workshop
I can't believe what I made!
I am so impressed with Ann and the Unicorn studio. Her teaching is great and the studio is light, welcoming and such a wonderful playroom!
I’ve never done any proper glass painting before, or glass cutting or leadwork, but I produced a fabulous window hanger with beautiful glass and painted details in the style of medieval stained glass.
I cut and painted the glass on the first day, Ann fired the paint in place overnight and we opened the kiln together the next morning. The glass was still warm – very exciting! Then I learned how to cut and fit the channelled leading and solder it in place, before patinating it and polishing. The family was amazed at the quality of the piece that I made and that’s down to the excellent teaching. I’m definitely going back to do more and can heartily endorse the course.
Completed your workshop? How did we do?
2-Day Kiln~fired Glass Painting Workshop
This is a 2-day workshop, running for approximately 7 hours each day.
It’s particularly good value, as you’ll learn 2 techniques in one go!
You’ll learn some of the intricacies of traditional stained glass painting, using the finest glass paints and tools. You’ll make the pieces for a beautiful painted and leaded panel in glass colours of your choice.
Skills you’ll learn:
- preparing the paint with a variety of carriers, depending on the work it needs to do
- how to use the tools effectively
- cutting and preparing the glass
- shadows on both sides of the glass
- special effects
- highlighting and softening
- firing the finished piece
Today, you’ll take your glass pieces straight from the kiln and learn how to put them together into an amazing leaded panel.
Skills you’ll learn:
- preparing the lead ‘came’ – the channelled lead strips that hold everything together
- how to cut the lead and apply it to the glass
- soldering the lead joints
- puttying your panel
- making and applying a hanger
- finishing and polishing the lead.
The workshop fee covers:
- all materials and use of tools
- full tuition
- refreshments on tap all day
- a good lunch of your choice
All-inclusive ~ £299.00
Just click on your choice of date below to book
If none of the set workshop days fit your schedule, do have a chat with me as I can sometimes slot in other dates.